Applying to Genesee Early College
2017-2018 School Year
Genesee Early College is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year for grades 9, 10, and a limited number of grade 11 students. Applications for following school years are available after February 1 of each year.
- Applications must be handwritten by the student and signed by a legal parent/guardian.
- Include two official transcripts must be included with the application. Contact the student’s current school for transcripts.
- Attach a copy of the discipline and attendance profiles, with the transcripts, which can be obtained from the student’s current school. If your student does not have any discipline/behavior records, you must provide a signed/dated note from the school district stating there are no behavior records.
- Include two recommendation forms (included in the application packet) must be included. Recommendations must be obtained from the student’s current school English, math, or science faculty member or administrator. The recommendations should be given to the student in a sealed envelope that is signed by the writer on the sealed flap.
- Include an updated copy of the student’s immunization record, birth certificate and proof of residency must be submitted with the application.
- Include copies of all standardized assessments (e.g., MSTEP, MEAP, PLAN, ACT, SAT, PSAT, EXPLORE, etc.). Assessment results can be obtained from the student’s current high school/middle school counseling office.
- Applicants must take a written math test to determine math skill level and a handwriting essay assessment. Both will be administered at the GEC office.