GISD Privacy and Refund Policy
The Genesee County Intermediate School District (“GISD”) is committed to providing its students, families, and staff with innovative opportunities. Furthering this commitment, the GISD will be offering a program to allow families and staff the ability to pay for certain products and programs by using a credit card via the GISD secured Civic Plus website.
GISD has made arrangements with a credit card service provider to provide this service. No additional service charges will apply to payments processed online. The user is in full control of the account and can make secured a payment at any time that is convenient.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
GISD will collect and use information obtained from credit card transactions only for business purposes. These business purposes include payment for the variety of products and services offered on GISD’s Civic Plus website. GISD is the sole owners of the information collected on this site. GISD only has access to collect information that the user voluntarily provides via email, the website or other direct contact.
GISD will use the information provided to respond to the user regarding the reason for the contact, inquiry, purchase or request. GISD will not share the user’s information with any third party outside of our organization other than as necessary to fulfill the request; e.g., to ship an order.
Access to and Control Over InformationThe user may opt out of any future contacts from GISD at any time. The user may also do any of the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data GISD has about the user, if any.
- Change/correct any data GISD has about the user.
- Have GISD delete any data it has about the user.
- Express any concern the user has about GISD’s use of the data.
GISD takes precautions to protect the user information. When the user submits sensitive information via the website, the information is protected, both online and offline.
GISD Civic Plus website uses Elavon security protocol to ensure transaction security. Wherever GISD collects sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way.
While GISD uses encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, it also protects the information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which GISD stores personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
GISD does not disclose any nonpublic information about users or former users to anyone, except as described below.
GISD releases account and other personal information when release is required to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Policies; and to protect the rights, property, or safety of the GISD website or schools. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection. This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing the user’s personally identifiable information for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Customer Service Information
Genesee Intermediate School District
2413 West Maple Avenue
Flint, Michigan 48506-3493
Acceptance:If you agree to these terms, you may proceed for payment of your GISD Civic Plus product or service.
Subscription to iConnect Learning’s Professional Learning Library Refund Poli
For our Library of Professional Development Resources, our policy is as follows:
- Annual Subscription Fee. Subscriber agrees to pay the appropriate fee corresponding to the particular services that it wishes to access for the annual term. iConnect Learning reserves the right to change the subscription fee with respect to a renewal term with prior written notification. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all fees are non-cancellable and non-refundable.
- Gift Subscription. If Subscriber receives a gift subscription, the subscriber shall not be required to provide billing information.
Online Professional Development Course Refund Policy
For our facilitated or self-paced online training courses, our policy is as follows:
- Registrants are always welcome to move to any other class on our schedule, applying any amount already paid to the cost of the new course.
- 100% refund if requested more than 4 weeks before the start of class.
- 50% refund if requested more than 2 weeks before the start of class.
- 0% refund in the last 2 weeks before the start of class. Refund requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delivery Method and Timeline
A delivery method and timeline is not applicable as we are not selling items that require shipping.