Technology and Media Services
Technology and Media Services (TMS) provides instructional and administrative technology support services to schools in the Genesee Intermediate School District (GISD) service area.
Services provided by TMS include
- A circulating library of instructional resources
- Applications analyses - Instructional, business applications, etc.
- Cooperative purchasing programs for AV equipment and supplies
- Coordination of audio, video, and computer equipment repair
- Data warehousing
- Distance learning opportunities, including instructional television (ITV) courses, online courses, and virtual learning adventures
- GenNET local and wide area network support and security
- Help desk technical support
- Instructional technology - Integrating technology and professional development training
- Internet access, including content filtering
- Payroll, personnel, finance, and student applications support
- REMC 14 - One of 22 regional educational media centers in Michigan, serving Genesee, Lapeer, and Shiawassee County schools
- Shared technical services for participating districts
Visit Shared Technical Services to learn more about the services available to schools and local units of government.
- Technology consultation and procurement
- Technology on loan - Projectors, AV equipment, cameras, etc.
- Videoconferencing, audioconferencing, teleconferencing, and satellite downlinks
- Video on Demand - e.g. Discovery Unitedstreaming
- Web hosting
A primary focus of this department is the coordination and operation of the Genesee Network for Education Telecommunications
(GenNET), the infrastructure that supplies voice, video, and data transmission to 21 constituent K-12 public school districts in Genesee County. GenNET is the heart of technology in Genesee County public school districts. As a result of GenNET, many services are made possible through collaboration between TMS, GISD’s departments and programs, and its constituents.
Discounted Internet Access for Families
If your child is eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program, you may qualify for fast, affordable home Internet service from Comcast. Visit www.internetessentials.com
For More Information
For information or assistance, please call (810) 591-4436.