Virtual Field Trips & Collaborative Projects
TOUR ~ EXPLORE ~ INTERVIEW ~ COLLABORATE
Virtual field trips and collaborative projects are wonderful vehicles to learning and can enhance curriculum. A videoconference field trip or collaborative project gives teachers and students an opportunity to visit places they might not be able to otherwise, such as zoos, museums, NASA, U.S. Congress, and more ... directly from the GenNET distance learning classroom in a way that will actively engage students.
- National/state curriculum and standards are associated with pre- and post-event materials accessible prior to the broadcast.
- The lessons and activities, all interactive and informative, are tested in classrooms.
- Live and interactive broadcasts are the key element to all virtual field trips and collaborative projects.
- During the event, students can apply what they’ve learned to make each field trip truly engaging.
- Lots of virtual field trips and collaborative projects are available at minimal or no cost.
A searchable database of curriculum-related field trips is available at http://www.twice.cc/
For information on collaborative projects such as Read Across the Planet, Author Specialist Knowledge (ASK), and MysteryQuest, visit http://www.twice.cc/
Scheduling is Easy!
Complete the program request form
and submit. Please allow 10-15 business days advance notice when scheduling a distance learning event.