Accreditation and Continuous Improvement
The Genesee Intermediate School District (GISD) is pleased to have earned accreditation, for all of its buildings and programs, through the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA-CASI
GISD’s 1,500 staff members proudly provide high quality general education, special education, and career technical education programs and services throughout its service area of Genesee County and beyond.
The following five main standards that GISD strives to reach in all of its programs and services every day are part of a framework through NCA-AdvancED
. These standards establish the basis for performance goals, evaluation, and ongoing continuous improvement efforts.
- Purpose and Direction - GISD maintains and communicates a purpose and direction that commits to high expectations for learning, as well as shared values and beliefs about teaching and learning.
- Governance and Leadership - GISD operates under governance and leadership that promotes and supports student performance and school effectiveness.
- Teaching and Assessing for Learning - GISD provides curriculum, instructional design, and assessment practices that guide and ensure teacher effectiveness and student learning.
- Resources and Support Systems - GISD offers resources and provides services that supports its purpose and direction to ensure success for all students.
- Using Results for Continuous Improvement - GISD implements a comprehensive assessment system that generates a range of data about student learning and school effectiveness and uses the results to guide continuous improvement.
The organization is excited to be accredited, and that distinction affirms what many already believe – GISD is a superior organization that provides high quality programs and services to its students, parents, and partner organizations. See GISD Services for You
, to learn more about GISD's departments, programs, and services.
Because the accreditation process is about continuous improvement, GISD will review what it does, and how it does it, on an ongoing basis to ensure it is getting better each day. This will allow GISD and its partners to create a positive future together. All of us at GISD look forward to working with you throughout its ongoing continuous improvement process!
Telling Our Story
GISD's journey toward accreditation and continuous improvement created an opportunity for our organization to recognize, and truly appreciate, the many staff members that are part of the GISD story. Find those stories here